Translate

Monday, January 27, 2014

Brazil to Italy

My trip started January 20th 2014 at 7:53 PM (local time), flying from Florianopolis to São Paulo. I sat next to 3 gorgeous Australian guys, it was great!  Well, but the fun ended when took us an hour to get of the plain after we landed, because they didn’t have enough space on the airport. After literally running to the gate I got in to my flight to Milano! The flight was smooth; I had a free sit next me so I got to sleep “comfortably”.
I arrived in Milano in the 21st at 2:25 PM (local time). Hearing everyone speaking Italian was really scary, even though I knew how to say what I wanted to say in Italian, I just froze, and could not say a word.  After 6 hours of waiting in Milano, I got in the plain to Roma, where orientation was. When I arrived there was this very Italian looking guy holding a sign with my name, and finally a few words of Italian came out of my mouths. On the ride to the hotel we were listening to radio and all I could thinking was  ”how am I going to do this do this …they speak so fast” and I kind of got a little desperate, because I taught everyone in orientation would speak Italian and I wouldn’t be able to communicate with any of the other students.
I was the last student to arrive in the hotel. I entered my room like “hello roomies!” and they were all sleeping. It was awful, I even woke one of them up, and at first I taught they hated me, because I managed to make every noise possible while they were sleeping.





No comments:

Post a Comment