Translate

Monday, June 2, 2014

Verona, Valle D'Aosta and Volunteering at Venezia

           Is has been 4 months since I got here, and I can  say: best decision I ever made! It just made me realize, that even thought I've finish high school, going straight in to university
was not the right choice for me. In the past months I've had the time to mature and learn so much about a culture, a language and about myself. Living this "new life" gave me time to stop, think and  kinda organize what I attempt to do in the future. So again: BEST DECISION EVER!
           Two weeks ago was my " host cousin" crisma. This part of the family lives in Valle D'Aosta, which is a 4 hours car ride from where we live. But before getting there we stopped by Verona for a few hours. 
          Verona is one of the cutest and most lovely places I've been. First of all we went to the Arena di Verona. Is Roman Empire time arena, it follows the same idea of the coliseum. Is very nice, and they still do performances there. Afte we walked through the Main Street till we arrive to Juliet's house. It was childhood dream to see the lockers on the gate, is really pretty. Then we went to a Piazza delle Erbe from there we waked back to the arena and left, because unfortunately we did not have a lot of time because we still had a long trip ahead of us. After a few hours we got to Valle D'Aosta, it was already dark and we went straight to the house of my host mom's sister. 
           The next day my host mom took us to Courmayer, which is very small town that in the winter fills up with people that go skiing and snowboarding. Is very cool and has a great view of the mountains. Next we went to D'Aosta. The city is full of history, and very pretty. Overall was a very nice day! 
          On the next morning was the crisma ceremony, after I had lunch with all the family. They were all very fun and likable,  I had a great time with them. 
        Last Wednesday I went with my host sister's school to Venezia to work as a volunteers in the Special Olympics. This kind of Olympics is made for the mentally disable, is very inspirational to see this people happy and putting so much effort in to the sports. I'm happy that I went with my host sister, in the end I had so much fun! 





























No comments:

Post a Comment